Happy World Porridge Day! It’s no secret we love porridge a lot, it features on one our best selling designs. So we thought today was the perfect opportunity to share one of our favourite porridge recipes.
- 50g porridge oats
- 150ml water
- 100ml oat milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- a dash of maple syrup
- mixed seeds to garnish (optional)
- Mix the oats with 150ml boiling water in a pan, and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the oat milk, coconut oil, spices and maple syrup, and cook over a medium heat for around 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly (spurtle optional), until it reaches a thick, creamy consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl. The porridge will continue to thicken as it stands and cools. If it seems too thick, you can stir in another dash of oat milk to loosen it up.
- Optionally, sprinkle some mixed seeds on top to serve. They’re great for some added texture and a wee fibre boost, but you can leave them off if you’re not a fan of seeds on your porridge.
Our Happy Porridge T-shirts are available in kids sizes age 3+ all the way up to teen & adult sizes, and the design is also available as a kids hoodie. Each order comes with a free printable Happy Porridge colouring sheet to download.
If you purchase one of our T-shirts or hoodies, we’d love you to share some photos so please feel free to tag us in on Instagram or Facebook.